What are the benefits of attending Kindergarten in a private setting?
- Small class size (more than 50% smaller)
- More one-on-one instruction
- Full day of kindergarten instruction
- The convenience of before and after care all in one location
We understand that your child comes to us with unique experiences, interests and learning styles. Our goal is to truly know your child well and use this knowledge to guide, support and motivate him or her. We believe that good teaching requires continual professional development, personal reflection and collaboration. We value parent involvement at every level and encourage you to partner with us to give your child the most powerful and joyful learning experience possible.
We have high expectations for the students in our room. We expect the students to achieve academically to their fullest potential and to contribute in a positive manner to our classroom. The following is a list of rules for our kindergarten classroom:
- Show respect
- Make good decisions
- Solve problems
Full Day Kindergarten Daily Schedule
- 9:00 a.m.: Morning Gathering Time
- 9:20 a.m.: Learning Centers
- 10:05 a.m.: Transitional Activities (Literacy/math transition)
- 10:15 a.m.: Integrated Project Work (Incorporates literacy, math, social studies, science through an integrated approach based on in-depth study)
- 10:45 a.m.: Recess (gross motor activities)
- 11:05 a.m.: Learning Stations
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch
- 12:25 p.m.: Independent Reading
- 12:45 p.m.: Quiet Activities
- 1:00 p.m.: Recess (gross motor activities)
- 1:30 p.m.: Music and Movement
- 1:50 p.m.: Learning Centers
- 2:30 p.m.: Clean-Up/Wrap-Up Activities
- 3:00 p.m.: Dismissal
In addition, on-site before and after care are included.
Things You Can Do at Home to Help Your Child at School
- Read with your child
- Work together on homework.
- Be sure he/she gets enough sleep
- Set limits on the amount of television your child watches
- Practice good nutrition habits
- Make every moment a “teachable moment”
A Take Home Folder is provided by LCELC. Please check your child’s Take Home Folder each day and return it the following morning. All important papers and finished work will be sent home in this folder on a daily basis.
Homework is given out on Monday for the week and due on Friday. Homework should be completed daily with adult support.
We want to make sure you are informed of upcoming events and what your child is learning in school. A Newsletter is distributed to all Kindergarten families each month. The Newsletter will include schedules and information pertinent to the coming month.
Early Learning Center
328 McCartney Street
Easton, PA 18042
P (610) 438-8500
F (610) 438-8510
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-F
Center Director: Alicia McGinnis